Menstuff® has compiled the following information on Love.
A Love Poem
A Love Story
Children Know Love
Love Wins Out
Defrag Your Heart
Related Issue: Your Flu Questions Answered
Children Know Love
1. When my grandma got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandpa does it for her now all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love. Rebecca - age 8
2. When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouths. Billy - age 4
3. Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving Cologne and they go out and smell each other. Kari - age 5
4. Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French Fries without making them give you any of theirs. Chrissy - age 6
5. Love is what makes you smile when you're tired. Terri - age 4
6. Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK. Danny - age 7
7. Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My mommy and daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss. Emily - age 8
8. Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Bobby - age 7 (wow!)
9. If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate. Nikka - age 6
10. Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday. Noelle - age 7
11. Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends, even after they know each other so well. Tommy - age 6
12. My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night. Clare - age 6
13. Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford. Chris - age 7
14. Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day. Mary Ann - age 4
15. When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you. Karen - age 7
16. Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and doesn't think it's gross. Mark - age 6
17. You really shouldn't say "I LOVE YOU" unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget. Jessica - age 8
Then there was a 4 year old child whose next door neighbor was an
elderly man who had just lost his wife. When the child saw the man
cry, the little boy went over into the man's yard and climbed on top
of the man's lap and just sat there. When the boy's mother asked him
what he'd said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just
helped him cry"
When love beckons you follow her
Though her ways are hard and steep
And when her wings enfold you yield to her
Though the sword hidden among her pinions may wound you
And when she speaks to you believe in her
Though her voice may shatter your dreams as the North wind lays waste the garden
For even as love crowns you so does she crucify you
Even as she is for your growth so is she for your pruning
Even as she ascends to your heights and caresses your most tender branches that quiver in the sun
So shall she descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth
Like sheaves of corn she gathers you unto herself
She threshes you to make you naked
She sifts you to free you from your husksShe grinds you to whiteness
She kneads you until you are pliant
And then she assigns you to her sacred fire
That you may become sacred bread
In Gods sacred feast
All of these things shall love do unto you
That you may know the secrets of your heart and in that knowledge become a fragment of lifes heart
But if in your fear you would seek only loves peace only loves pleasure
Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of loves threshing floor
Into the seasonless world
Where you shall laugh but not all of your laughter
Where you shall weep but not all of your tears
Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed
For love is sufficient unto love
But if you love and must need desires
Let these be your desires
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night
To know the pain of too much tenderness
To be wounded by your own understanding of love and to bleed willingly; joyfully
To wake at dawn, with winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving
To rest at the noon hour and meditate loves ecstasy
To return home at eventide with gratitude
To sleep with a prayer
For the beloved in your heart
And a song of praise upon your lips
A Love Story
Now get your mind out of the gutter and go get your flu shot!
Source: Anonymous Internet
Customer: "Well, after much consideration, I've decided to install LOVE. Can you guide me through the process?"
CS Rep.: "Yes, I can help you. Are you ready to proceed?"
Customer: "Well, I'm not very technical, but I think I'm ready to install now. What do I do first?"
CS Rep.: "The first step is to open your HEART. Have you located your HEART ma'am?"
Customer: "Yes I have, but there are several other programs running right now. Is it okay to install while they are running?"
CS Rep.: "What programs are running ma'am?"
Customer: "Let's see, I have PAST-HURT.EXE, LOW ESTEEM.EXE, GRUDGE.EXE, and RESENTMENT.COM running right now."
CS Rep.: "No problem. LOVE will gradually erase PAST-HURT.EXE from your current operating system. It may remain in your permanent memory, but it will no longer disrupt other programs. LOVE will eventually overwrite LOW-ESTEEM.EXE with a module of its own called HIGH-ESTEEM.EXE. However, you have to completely turn off GRUDGE.EXE and RESENTMENT.COM. Those programs prevent LOVE from being properly installed. Can you turn those off ma'am?"
Customer: "I don't know how to turn them off. Can you tell me how?"
CS Rep.: "My pleasure. Go to your Start menu and invoke FORGIVENESS.EXE. Do this as many times as necessary until GRUDGE.EXE and RESENTMENT.COM have been completely erased."
Customer: "Okay, done. LOVE has started installing itself automatically. Is that normal?"
Cs Rep.: "Yes. You should receive a message that says it will reinstall for the life of your HEART. Do you see that message?"
Customer: "Yes I do. Is it completely installed?"
Cs Rep.: "Yes, but remember that you have only the base program. You need to begin connecting to other HEARTS in order to get the upgrades."
Customer: "Oops. I have an error message already. What should I do?"
Cs Rep.: "What does the message say?"
Customer: "It says "ERROR 412 - PROGRAM NOT RUN ON INTERNAL COMPONENTS. What does that mean?"
Cs Rep.: "Don't worry ma'am, that's a common problem. It means that the LOVE program is set up to run on external HEARTS but has not yet been run on your HEART. It is one of those complicated programming things, but in nontechnical terms it means you have to "LOVE" your own machine before it can "LOVE" others."
Customer: "So what should I do?"
Cs Rep.: "Can you pull down the directory called "SELFACCEPTANCE"?"
Customer: "Yes, I have it."
Cs Rep.: "Excellent. You're getting good at this."
Customer: "Thank you."
Cs Rep.: "You're welcome. Click on the following files and then copy them to the "MYHEART" directory: FORGIVE-SELF.DOC, REALIZE-WORTH.TXT, and ACKNOWLEDGE-LIMITATIONS.DOC. The system will overwrite any conflicting files and begin patching any faulty programming. Also, you need to delete VERBOSE-SELF-CRITIC.EXE from all directories, and then empty your recycle bin afterwards to make sure it is completely and permanently gone erased."
Customer: "Got it. Hey! My HEART is filling up with new files. SMILE.MPG is playing on my monitor right now and it shows that PEACE.EXE, and CONTENTMENT.COM are copying themselves all over my HEART. Is this normal?"
Cs Rep.: "Sometimes. For others it takes a while, but eventually everything gets downloaded at the proper time. So, LOVE is installed and running. You should be able to handle it from here. One more thing before I go."
Cs Rep.: "LOVE is freeware. Be sure to give it and its various modules to everybody you meet. They will share it with other people and then return some similarly sacred modules back to you."
Customer: "I will. Thanks for your help. By the way, what's your name?"
Cs Rep.: " You may call me the Divine Cardiologist, also known as The Great Physician, but most call me God. Many people feel all they need is an annual checkup to stay heart-healthy, but the Manufacturer suggests a schedule of daily maintenance for maximum efficiency. Put another way, keep in touch.
Source: Anonymous Internet
Source: Anonymous Internet
* * *
Love is not love until love's vulnerable. - Theodore Roethke