In the battle of the sexes, women always seem to
have the unfair edge. So, Men's
Health magazine sent their spies into the
enemy camp and uncovered their darkest secrets. Arm
yourselves with knowledge, men! Once more into
the breach! Get the full story, information and
resources by buying this issue or checking with
your local library.
- The average guy will live 74.1 years vs.
- The average guy has an HDL cholesterol
level of 46 vs. 55.
- The average guy's heart weights 10.58 ounces
vs. 8.81 ounces.
- The average guy's chance of dying of a heart
attack is 1 in 1,342 vs. 1,519.
- Odds of being in a car accident 1 in 14 vs.
1 in 21
- The average guy shaves 24 times a month vs.
- The average guy spends 179 hours in the
bathroom annually vs. 195
- The number of men who read while sitting on
the toilet 1 in 2 vs. 1 in 3
- The average guy over 50 has a 1 in 1,145
chance of dying of colon cancer vs. 1,635.
- The average guy cries or wells up 14 times a
year vs. 64 times.
- Between 1980 and 1999, the number of men who
died on active military duty, 31,196 vs.
- The average guy's chance of dying of
prostate cancer is 3.13 percent vs. .001
- The average guy can do 36 crunches in 1
minute vs. 27
- The average guy can do 27 pushups vs.
- The average guy can bench-press 93 percent
of his body weight vs. 57 percent
- The average guy has a resting heart rate of
72 vs. 76
- The average guy can run a mile and a half in
12:25 versus 15:14.
- The average guy's largest muscles - his
quadriceps vs. uterus
- The average guy spends 33 hours, 56 minutes
watching TV each week vs. 30 hours, 14
- The average guy spends 1 hour, 20 minutes a
weeks looking for the TV remove vs. 7
- The average guy can stretch his hands 1 1/2
inches past his toes when doing the
sit-and-reach versus 4 inches.
- The fattest part of the average guy - his
belly vs. hips
- The average guy will gain 1 pound, 4 ounces
per year vs. 1 pound, 5 ounces.
- Percentage of guys who think that men are
smatter than women - 27 versus 8.
- The average guy's brain weights in at 3
pounds, 3 ounces vs. 2 pounds, 13 ounces.
- Number of issues of Playboy and Penthouse
purchased by men in a year - 3.8 million. The
number of romance novels purchased by women in a
year - 47 million.
- Bachelor's degrees conferred in 1999-2000
men 530,367 vs. 707,508
- Average number of hours a man works per week
- 43 vs. 36
- Number of men laid off in 2001 - 2,186,000
- Number of jobs a man will have in a lifetime
- 10 vs. 9
- The average guy's refractory period is 30
minutes vs. 0.
- Percentage of all marriage proposals made by
men 82 vs. percentage of all divorces initiated
by women - 70
- Percentage of men who are comfortable using
sex toys - 23 vs. 16
- The average guy takes 14 minutes to reach
orgasm. The average woman - we're still
Source: Matt Marion,
* * *
An ox with long horns, even if he does not butt,
will be accused of butting. - Malay Proverb
Menstuff® is a registered trademark of Gordon
©1996-2019, Gordon Clay